Throughout the second and third terms of Year 12, pupils follow a course in preparation for Higher Education.
- Filling in a questionnaire to identify suitable subjects/courses
- Researching universities and their courses and entry requirements
- Advice on filling in the UCAS form
- Identifying personal skills and attributes for writing a personal statement.
- Attending UCAS conference where representatives from all UK universities are present
- University visits
- Attending a Higher Education evening, with parents, hosted by the school with talks from university admissions tutors
Discussion groups are organised for students studying medicine/dentistry/veterinary science, law and those applying to Oxford or Cambridge. This is to help with interviews.
Once AS and A2 results are received in the summer, personal advice and support is offered by the school to any pupil who may need it.
In addition to our Higher Education programme we have links with Careers Wales and ISCO (Independent Schools Careers organisation) so that individual careers interviews can be arranged.